Pizza Party, Part 3 – Calzones
This works well with any pizza dough you freeze. The process is simple – roll it out, fill it, fold it, crimp it, and bake it!
Chipotle Chicken and (Turkey) Bacon Calzones
I don’t remember the exact recipe, so we’re just gonna go with some approximation.
1. Marinate chicken in chipotle-in-adobo. Grill. Cube.
2. Mix ricotta with mozzarella and dried herbs.
3. Crisp (turkey) bacon in a pan and chop.
4. Roll out pizza dough till it’s pretty thin. Put down the ricotta, then (turkey) bacon, then chicken. Put some more mozzarella on top.
5. Wet the edges of the dough. Fold over the dough and crimp the edges. Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle some Parmesan on top.
6. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, until golden brown on top.
7. Serve with tomato sauce.
Pictures are in Lightbox – click the first on the left to start the slideshow.